If you feel unsatisfied in your professional life, whether that be because you are job hunting or if you feel like you are not meeting all of your career goals in your workplace, you could try hiring a career coach.
A career coach is a trained professional who will be able to look at how you work and make actionable tips on improving. Through detailed discussions with you, they will discuss your work blocks, and together you will decide the best path forward.
In this article, we will look at the benefits of hiring a career coach and when you should think about hiring one!
The Benefits of Hiring a Career Coach
There are untold benefits of hiring a career coach if you are in a rocky careers patch and need guidance. Here are just a few of them!
Understanding yourself better
One of the main benefits of hiring a career coach is that you will understand your professional self better. Career coaches will work with you to pinpoint what kind of employee you are and how you work best. You can use this information to assess what jobs you would like to go for in the future.
Finding the right employer
It’s essential to find employers that you will mesh with. By working with a career coach, you’ll be able to discern which employers will suit you best and then prioritize applications for these certain businesses.
Settling into a new role quickly
Career coaches are incredibly valuable when it comes to settling into new roles. Not only will a career coach help you find a suitable job, but you can use their advice to manage your time, meet people, and feel more comfortable in your new position.
Helping manage your expectations
Knowing what you expect and need out of a workplace is crucial to achieving workplace success. A coach will give you a good idea of what you should ask for in the workplace, and what you shouldn’t expect as a norm.
When to hire a career coach
- If you are entirely switching industries, you might benefit from speaking to a careers coach to get some advice on transferring your skills to your new job.
- If you keep having unsuccessful interviews. You should work on interview skills and first impressions, which a careers coach will be able to help you with.
- If you don’t have a career goal. A career coach will help you to work out what you want to do career-wise, and work out an actionable plan with you about success in your industry.
- If you feel negatively towards work. This might be because of a bad exit, whether that be a dismissal or quitting, from your last company.
- If you are job searching and feel lost about what to do, particularly if you have never searched for jobs before or have not done it for a long time.
As you can see, there are so many benefits to hiring a career coach – and a lot of times in your professional life when you may need one! If you are based in Vancouver, British Columbia, and feel like you could use career advice, please get in touch.